Bridgestone gives you $25K regarding Teens who have ‘Drive Smart’
Amateur videographers or individuals with a inventive side plus access to any camera are invited to the 7th annual Bridgestone Teens Commute Smart Movie Contest. The exact grand prizewinner will take household a cool $25, 000 fund and have her / his video established on environment across the country as being a public company announcement for Bridgestone Americas.
The point with the contest is usually driver essential safety, and the necessities aren’t overly tough. Simply put together some 25- OR EVEN 55-second video clip on some aspect of auto or driving safety. One example is
- Seating belt intake,
- Tire inflation,
- Avoiding distractions while travelling (like devices and texting), or
- Driving a car defensively
Local owners can take a couple of cues in the Fairfax District Police ‘Youthful Driver Program’ or the means provided on the Montgomery Region Teen Operating Safetywebsite. You can even check out continue year’s back again videos intended for ideas or perhaps recent Inside Dateline segment regarding teen sipping and driving a car (you with your parents need to probably understand this anyway).
Once you’ve reach on a niche, think about the ultimate way to present it— say in the form of story via experience or perhaps a music training video or a exhibition. Then shoot— a video not surprisingly!
You’ll need to result in a very simple subscription form and then upload your personal video to Bridgestone web-site through no eventually than August 20, 2013. Judges will probably narrow down typically the entries, and also the top 10 videos will be put up for viewer voting out of July fourteen to 28.
All of the top filmmakers will at least triumph a set of completely new tires, with $25, 000 going to the Great Prize champ. Second plus third area winners are receiving $15, 000 and $11, 000 correspondingly. This is considerable money and enormously higher from prior years.
The contest is prepared to take legal permanent residents on the 50 says and the Location of Columbia or Nova scotia, a long time 16 by way of 21 . Entrants must end up with a valid driver’s license and be registered as full-time students inside an accredited second, college level, or swap school.
You can’t simply crib a person’s work, and don’t bother to incorporate anything incorrect. And pay VERY close focus on the time descriptions because video lessons that may conform is going to be automatically disqualified.
News from the 2013 Higher education Reception Outlet
Many colleges and universities reach the road earnings season to begin your recruitment technique that actually enters full motion in the slip.
Short of actually visiting some sort of campus, all these presentations offer you opportunities for one to get basic info on a school plus make yourself identified by area specialists.
Although these kinds of sessions are normally open to everyone, it’s generally a good idea to pre-register if the ability is offered. Also, how are the individuals running the wedding going to learn how many flip-style chairs to install?
The following are a number of the more popular new season events:
- Exploring University Options: This is the special hiring program backed by the basic admissions office buildings of Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, the School of California, and Stanford. The trip has some stops on the DC place, with the earliest scheduled to get Monday, Might 20th, along at the Bethesda Upper Marriott Motel & Seminar Center, for 7: one month p. mirielle. Two even more sessions might be held about May21st at the Tysons Cupboard Marriott, along with Wednesday, May well 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency Miami on Polish capitol Hill.
- Institutions That Really make a difference: This year, CTCL will explore the Washington POWER area in Sunday, May possibly 19, in the Marriott Bethesda North Resort and Discussion Center, for 1: 00 pm. Each one program begins with a 30-minute information procedure followed quickly by the institution fair.
- The particular Claremont Schools: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona and Scripps Colleges) will store a local material session a prior weekend not too long ago, May 17, from two to 5 p. e., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott 123help essay.
- Trying Educational Superiority: Join Dark brown, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, and even Rice on an information workout targeted to would-be students together with families. Sessions include a summary of each group, information on university admissions and school loans, as well as a opportunity to speak informally with university admissions representatives.
- almost 8 of the Best Educational institutions: Claremont McKenna, Colorado College, Connecticut University or college, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Sarah Lawrence suggest to students and families to learn more about these seven nationally acknowledged liberal martial arts colleges. Some programs remain for the time.
- Coast to help Coast Expedition: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, and even Vanderbilt take a look at nine places in 6 states. The main evening incorporates a brief information and facts session regarding each institution and enough time to interact with accès representatives within a college rational format. The exact tour pertains to the DC area on, may 23 rd .
- Boston Higher education: This educational program was created to provide potential students using an ‘Eagle Understanding. ‘
- Carnegie Mellon Institution: Admissions consultants will present holistic information time to pupils who may well be in the early stages of their total college look for. You can register now to the event booked for Tuesday, June 3, at the Bethesda Marriott Inn.
- Northwestern College or university: In addition to the Coast to Region Tour (see above), further sessions happen to be open to pupils and their the entire family in other components of the land. Northwestern vacation plans with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UVA to So. california in April 2013.
- The University with North Carolina during Greensboro: 2 “First Look” sessions are going to be held in often the DC space. The first will take place on Can 29, on Rockville, as well as the second is actually scheduled intended for May 21 years of age, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online subscription will require that you open a good SpartanLinkaccount.